Subheader

Just a girl from Western Massachusetts who decided to go live on the other side of the planet for awhile.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Four Months in New Zealand

This is not how I thought I'd go out. I have been weirdly swamped with work. It's not the kind of swamped I feel at home when I have 4 papers to write and a presentation to finish and an exam to study for. I only had a few things to do. A few papers and one exam. I had grand plans to study and finish it all right away! Straying greatly from my procrastinator roots. But for some reason all the work stretched over so many of my days, and I just handed in my last paper today, with only three days left here in New Zealand. THREE DAYS. Oh my god. I still have to do a few finishing touches on my creative writing portfolio, get it bound, and deliver it to my teacher, too.

Speaking of my creative writing class (one of my favorite topics) I just checked my e-mail and got a nice message from one of my fellow creative writers wishing me safe travels and that she'll miss me at that party they're having this Friday. How nice of her to send that. Another reason why that class was my favorite class of all time.

So it's 1:00am and that officially means I have been in New Zealand for exactly four months... and a hell of a four months they've been.

I am truly truly truly sad to leave. It's starting to get real. Especially tonight when (after our pancake and VT maple syrup dinner) I asked Alexis what I should do and she said "well you could start packing.."

There are people at home I can't wait to see, and a job I really need to get back to, and a tan I need to get in that summer sun, but I still wish I didn't have to leave New Zealand. I spent so much time planning and anticipating this trip and now it's almost over. I never really thought about how it'd be over. All the friends I've made here are going to be scattered all over the WORLD in a couple more weeks. It's unreal. I'm going to miss it here so much.

On a happier note, if all goes as planned I am renting a car tomorrow morning and heading to Castle Point which I mentioned in my last post. Driving on the left for the last time.

Wahhhhh I can't stop thinking about how I have no time left here :(

Sorry for no pictures. Here's a few randoms.


SCULPTURE IN THE BOTANIC GARDENS
you stand in it and listen


JUMPIN' THE NEVIS ... 134 METERS!


EMILY AND I AT RIVENDELL DURING THE LORD OF THE RINGS TOUR

No comments:

Post a Comment