Subheader

Just a girl from Western Massachusetts who decided to go live on the other side of the planet for awhile.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

JUNE 9TH?!?!?

June 9th?!?! When did this happen!?!

So school is over and I thought I'd have a lot more time to do whatever I wanted, but I've been slaving away at my creative writing portfolio for days!!! I didn't expect for it to be THIS much work! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though! I'm going to finish tonight, write another paper/study for a final tomorrow, take the final Saturday, and have Sunday-Thursday do be freeeeee in New Zealand and do whatever I want.




Sara Alexis and I wanted to do the Tongariro Alpine crossing sometime during these two weeks off, but we underestimated our work load. We would have had to rent a car and stay in a hostel for that and I guess we just don't have time for it. We're also all very low on funds.


I might not give up on the road trip all together, though. I am hoping to visit Castlepoint sometime during those freedom days. It might be a solo trip though. Look how beautiful it looks! It might replace my favorite beach!!

I MUST GO

So instead of being depressed about all the things I "missed out on" during this trip (omg that makes me cringe) I'm just thinking of them as things left over to do next time I'm back.
-camp in Abel Tasman National Park
-hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing
-see Milford Sound

MILFORD SOUND

I love New Zealand!!!!!!!!!!

Sara, Alexis and I took a tour of Parliament the other day. We live right next door to it so we figured it was about time. I thought it would be boring but necessary, but it turned out being really fun. It was about an hour long and mostly about the buildings themselves rather than the government. Parliament is an awesome place! I wasn't allowed to bring my camera. My favorite part was when they took us in the basement to look at the crazy earthquake shock system. The whole building of parliament is basically floating!

ALL THESE PICTURES ARE FROM GOOGLE. LOL.

Alright well it's time for a dinner break and then to finish my portfolio once and for all! Cheers!

P.S. I changed the name of the blog to Down Underer, because that is more accurate. I doesn't have the same ring to it, though. I might change it back.

Belated birthday shout out to my fellow study abroader and Pig Hunter SARA CRISP!!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!! (again)

No comments:

Post a Comment